Weekend Tandem Availability
We usually have places available midweek and are open 6 days a week in April/May/ September and 7 days a week June - August. We are always open on weekends and bank holidays.
You can check upcoming weekend availability for tandem jumps below (correct 18/04/2014) or contact us for later dates..
|Sat 19 Apr||Limited|
|Sun 20 Apr||Good|
|Easter Mon 21 Apr||Good|
|Sat 26 Apr||Good|
|Sun 27 Apr||Good|
|Sat 3 May||Good|
|Sun 4 May||Good|
|Bank Hol Mon 5 May||Good|
|Sat 10 May||Good|
|Sun 11 May||Good|
|Sat 17 May||Good|
|Sun 18 May||Good|
|Sat 24 May||Good|
|Sun 25 May||Good|
|Mon 26 May||Good|
|Sat 31 May||Good|
|Sun 1 June||Good|
|Sat 7 June||Limited|
|Sun 8 June||Good|
|Sat 14 June||Good|
|Sun 15 June||Good|
|Sat 21 June||Limited|
|Sun 22 June||
|Sat 28 June||
|Sun 29 June||
Why do we still have places available short notice?
Because we have large fast aircraft, reliable and efficient full time staff and instructors and are able to jump lots of tandem customers per day. During Summer we also have plenty of daylight hours to skydive in.
Charity Tandem Skydiving
Charity Parachuting Information
Tandem skydiving provides the experience of a lifetime and is great way to raise funds for a good cause at the same time. Plus if you raise enough sponsorship your charity jump could be for free.
It takes just 20 minutes to be briefed for your course and then you will jump harnessed to the front of a fully BPA qualified Tandem Parachuting Instructor and experience the thrill of 120mph freefall.
For more information on the Tandem Parachute Course click here.
How does a charity skydive work?
All it takes is a bit of time and effort to fundraise. There are two options when it comes to doing a sponsored skydive:
- Most charities will allow the cost of the sky dive to be covered using up to 50% of the sponsorship money, however a minimum amount of at least twice the cost of the tandem skydive should be raised.
- You can pay for the skydive yourself, and then the minimum fundraising target is usually halved.
It is important to recognise that although it seems you are skydiving for free, the tandem parachute jump is being paid for by the charity and the people supporting your cause, so you should try to raise as much as possible over the minimum target.
It is also important that you contact your chosen charity and agree the use of funds and the minimum sponsorship required with them directly
Can I choose my own charity?
Skydive Hibaldstow has links to several local charities with whom we already have agreements however we understand that you might want to choose a charity close to your heart. You are welcome to skydive for any charitable cause but you do need to agree the use of funds with them directly.
By booking directly with the dropzone and not through an agency all the funds raised only go two ways – to cover the cost of your charity tandem skydive and to the charity itself.
If you are fundraising for a charity of your own choice then please note our targets are recommendations and you must contact the charity and agree the use of funds directly with them.
Click on the 'dates' tab to see a list of Lincolnshire and Yorkshire based charities that we work with directly. You can do a sponsored skydive for them anytime, or choose one of the dates listed on the calendar.
Each charity has a dedicated page giving more information about how their skydives work.
When you can skydive with us
Tandem parachute jumps can be booked on any day subject to availability.
- Skydive Hibaldstow is open on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
- Low season October to March : Open 5 days a week, closed Mon & Tues.
- Mid-season April, May & September : Open 6 days a week, closed Tuesdays.
- High season June, July & August : Open 7 days a week
Summer evening Tandems run from June to August 2014
Once the long sun-filled summer evenings arrive why not take advantage and do something different and go parachuting after work? We offer Tandem skydives with arrival times between 4pm and 6pm on Wednesday and Friday evenings.
Please contact us to check availability.
Charity Jump Calendar
You can do a sponsored skydive on any date that Skydive Hibaldstow is open (subject to availability). However, many charities and individuals have reserved places for their charity skydiving events, so why not join them if you are unsure who to fundraise for.
Please note - that these events do not mean that we are fully booked. Skydive Hibaldstow has plenty of capacity especially in the summer months when the days are longer and can deal with several groups per day. Please contact us to check availability.
Skydive Hibaldstow Charities
We are pleased to be working directly with the following charities for whom you can jump on any day, or choose to take part in one of their special event dates.
Each charity works a little differently so please click on the charity name below to see more info on how each one works. Organised charity skydives are only available at our main dropzine in North Lincolnshire.
Find Us On Facebook
Join our new Charity Skydiving at Hibaldstow facebook page and post your photos, stories or how much you have fundraised and join our sponsored skydives here
|Charity Name||Page||2014 Event Dates|
|70 For 70th Soliders Charity ABF, Parachute Regiment Charity||Saturday 7th June 2014|
|ABF The Soldier's Charity||Saturday 7th June 2014|
|Bethany's Smile||Saturday 17th May|
|Bluebell Wood Children's Hospice||6th July & 21st Sept|
|Childrens Heart Surgery Fund||Jump anytime|
|Cystic Fibrosis Trust||Jump anytime|
|Forget Me Not Children's Hospice||8th June / 14th June / 28th June|
|Help for Heroes||Jump anytime|
|HERIB||Saturday 19th July|
|Hollybank Trust||23rd March / 29th June / 28th September|
|Samaritans - Hull & Grimsby||Grimsby 21st June 2014|
|KIDS Hull||Sunday 27th July|
|Kirkwood Hospice, Huddersfield||22nd March / 10th May / 22nd September|
|Leukaemia Care||Jump anytime|
|Lindsey Lodge Hospice, Scunthorpe||Jump anytime|
|One in a Million||Saturday 10th May|
|Martin House Children's Hospice||13th & 14th June / 29th & 30th August|
|National Kidney Federation||Jump anytime|
|Overgate Hospice, Halifax||Saturday 1st March|
|Pre School Learning Alliance||Friday 28th March|
|Prince of Wales Hospice||Saturday 26th April|
|Prostate Cancer Charity||Jump anytime|
|St Andrews Childrens Hospice||Sunday 18th May|
|St.Gemma's Hospice, Leeds||29th March/19th April/4th May/15th June
/26th July/2nd August/21st Sept/11th Oct
|Stephen's Story, Teenage Cancer Trust
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD ATTEMPT!
|Monday 14th July|
|Saint Michaels Hospice||Saturday 15th March
& Sunday 12th July
|Sheffield Hospitals Charity||22nd June 2014|
|The Stroke Association||Saturday 21st June|
|Wakefield Hospice||Jump anytime|
|Yorkshire Cancer Research||26th April / 25th October|
We are also supporting events organised by or in aid of:
|Supporting Charity Name||Dates|
|Katharine House||Saturday 14th June 2014|
|Wheatfields Hospice (Sue Ryder)||Sunday 8th June 2014|
|Lincs Bomber Command Memorial||Sunday 31st May|
|Big Red Heart Appeal, Grimsby|
|Manchester University RAG|
|Sunday 16th March 2014|
|Lincoln University RAG|
|Sheffield University RAG||23rd March 2014|
|Islamic Relief||Saturday 31st May 2014|
|Blythe House||Sunday 11th May 2014|
|Bethany's Smile||Saturday 17th May 2014|
Click here for past charity events held at Skydive Hibaldstow.
Tandem skydiving is designed to allow as many people as possible to enjoy freefall, however there are a few restrictions:
|Min Age||Max Age||BPA Fitness form 115||Max Weight||Body Mass Index|
|Tandem Skydive||16 with parental consent||none||Age 40+ (or with medical conditions at any age)||16st / 100kg||Suitable wind conditions may be required|
The maximum weight for tandem skydiving is 16 stone (approx 100kg) fully clothed.
- Although it is less important to be physically fit for this type of skydiving activity, you need to be aware that not all conditions are suitable for all tandem students and, for your safety sometimes your jump may be postponed until wind conditions are more suitable. In some cases this unfortunately may result in your skydive being rescheduled for an alternative date.
- This particularly affects those tandem students who are elderly, less agile, have limited mobility or are otherwise less physically fit as well as *those who have a high body mass index of 27.5 or over* (please see chart on our restrictions document), particularly in females, or those close to the overall weight limit.
- For those with a physical disability or condition which restricts their mobility then a maximum weight limit of 12 stone applies and we are required by the British Parachute Association to conduct an assessment of each individual - please contact us for further details.
Overall minimum age is 16+.
- Age 16 - 17. The minimum age for tandem skydiving is 16 years. A parental / legal guardians signature of consent is required on three forms (the centre membership form, the BPA Tandem student declaration of medical form 115 and the BPA membership agreement) which will be provided upon booking.
- Age 16 – 39. Will be required to sign a BPA Tandem Student Declaration of medical form 115. Those unable to sign the form due to medical conditions or injuries must bring a copy signed and stamped by their doctor instead.
- Age 40+. There is no upper age limit for tandem sky diving – we have had 90 year olds jump with us. However those aged 40 or over must bring a fully completed BPA Tandem Student Declaration of medical form 115 signed and stamped by their doctor along on the day of their jump.
Medical Conditions & Notes
We regret that certain medical conditions may prevent you from taking part in a skydive. These include epilepsy, some cardiovascular and neurological conditions, some forms of diabetes and recurring injuries. A full list with notes can be found on the back of the BPA form. You can also contact the parachute centre on 01652 648837 if you have any questions.
You can download a copy of the BPA Tandem Student Declaration of fitness form 115 here.
BPA FITNESS FORMS
Only the official BPA forms should be used – letters or notes from doctors or medicals for any other activity will not be accepted. Everyone needs to complete the top section of the form. The bottom section of the form is to be signed and stamped by a doctor for those aged 40 or over, or for those with medical conditions, recent or recurring injuries or are unable to declare themselves fit to jump for any reason regardless of their age. All forms should be brought along on the day – we do not require them in advance.
Our primary concern is for your safety and we may choose to postpone your jump if weather conditions are not suitable for a particular individual. As an experienced and professional dropzone, we hope that customers will respect our judgement.
The minimum raise targets below are recommendations and you must agree the use of funds directly with charity for which you are raising. Kindly note, all prices are per person.
|Prices per person|
|No in group (Hibaldstow)||Total minimum to raise||Deposit in advance||Balance on arrival||Minimum sponsorship to give to charity|
|1 or 2 people||£480||£75||£165||£240|
|3 or 4 people||£450||£75||£150||£225|
|5 to 9 people||£420||£75||£135||£210|
|10 to 29 people||£390||£75||£120||£195|
|30 to 49 people||£380||£75||£115||£190|
|For larger groups, please contact us. Additional discounts apply for mid-week jumps Monday - Friday (excluding bank holidays)|
Special Discounts for Hibaldstow Charities
Skydive Hibaldstow is pleased to support the charities listed on the main page. If you fund raise for them, then we offer a special discounted price of £200 per person for the anytime tandem skydive. Sponsorship targets and deposit amounts vary according to the charity so please check their specific page for details.
If you are enquiring on behalf of a charitable organisation not listed, then please contact us to find out more about organising a special event of your own.
Kindly note, we only offer organised charity skydives at our Northern parachute centre at Hibaldstow in Lincolnshire.
How to Book
Hibaldstow Charity Jumps
If you would like to skydive in aid of one of Hibaldstows associated charities then please see the specific webpage for that charity which provides downloadable booking information and registration forms. if you would prefer a copy of this information by post or email then please just get in touch.
Kindly note, we only offer our organised sponsored skydives for our associated charities at our Northern centre in Hibaldstow, Lincolnshire.
Skydiving For A Charity Of Your Own Choice
To jump in aid of a cause of your own choice, you simply need to reserve a place on your chosen date and ensure you contact the charity for their approval and to obtain a fundraising pack.
We will need the following details for every jumper to ensure they are within the restrictions:
- Age, weight & height
- Contact mobile phone number & email address
- Preferred jump date and an alternative
- Payment of a non-refundable £75 deposit.
If you are organising a group event click here - Group Tandem Event.
You can book by
Phone: Just call and speak to one of our skydiving advisors on 01132 505 600
Online: Book online using your debit or credit card.
Email: Your info to our Booking Office firstname.lastname@example.org and we can call you back or send you a secure paylink by return email.
- Start fundraising! Ensure you contact the charity to register your event and obtain official sponsorship forms so they can claim GiftAid.
You must get approval if you plan to cover the cost with sponsorship money.
- You can also register to fundraise online using websites like JustGiving and VirginMoney.
- On the day of your jump you will need to pay the balance of £165 (or less for groups) for the skydive at the airfield. Kindly note that this amount can only be paid in cash or by debit or credit card. Funds raised online cannot be used to pay for this (unless you make prior arrangements with the charity).
- Arrange to send at least the remaining minimum sponsorship to your chosen charity within the timeframe they have specified if you have not already raised enough online.