Tandem parachuting allows you to experience the thrill of freefall skydiving without any extensive training and is our most popular UK skydiving course.
After a short tandem briefing, you will jump harnessed to the front of a fully qualified parachuting instructor from 15,000ft. From this height, you will enjoy one whole adrenaline-fuelled minute of freefall reaching terminal velocity at 120mph.
Why choose a Tandem Parachute Jump?
We also offer two types of 'learn to skydive' training courses – Accelerated Freefall and Static Line parachuting. No experience is required however both of these involve one full day of sky diving training before you can jump. Therefore tandem skydiving is most people's choice as their first venture into the world of parachuting.
Are you looking for a Skydiving Gift Voucher?
what Happens On the tandem skydiving course
When you book your tandem parachute jump, you will be given an arrival time for one of our sessions. Once you arrive on-site you need to register with our reception.
- During a group briefing, your Tandem Instructor will explain everything you need to know about your skydiving experience and you can ask as many questions as you like.
- Your instructor will kit you in a jumpsuit and special dual harness when its your time to jump. You will also be given headgear and goggles.
- Once you have boarded the aircraft, it takes less than 15 minutes to reach skydiving altitude and you'll be 3 miles above the dropzone.
- After leaping from the open door you'll experience up to one minute of freefall.
- The instructor opens your parachute at around 5,000ft and you then enjoy around 5 minutes under canopy taking in the spectacular views of the Lincolnshire Wolds before landing back on the dropzone.
- The spectator area is not far away, so you can head back to see your friends and family before you instructor helps you out of your kit.
- Before you leave, you will be presented with a Tandem Jump certificate to prove you were brave enough to skydive.
- If you booked our video and photo package, then this will be ready either shortly after you land, or during busy times we may post it on to you.
Your skydiving experience ideally takes only a few hours and we book staggered arrival times in order to reduce waiting times as much as possible.
Normally on a weekend you should expect to be with us at Skydive Hibaldstow for 4-5 hours and midweek 3-4 hours. However, we cannot account for weather or other delays so please do not be in a rush and allow yourself the whole day to enjoy this unique experience.
Please note that dogs are not permitted on the airfield (except guide dogs) under any circumstances so please do not bring them with you.
Tandem skydiving is designed to allow as many people as possible to enjoy freefall, however there are a few restrictions:
|Min Age||Max Age||BPA Fitness form 115B||Max Weight||Body Mass Index|
|Tandem Skydive||16 with parental consent||none||signed by doctor if unable to self-declare on form 115A||16st / 100kg||Suitable wind conditions may be required|
Minimum age is 16, with parental consent for age 16/17.
There is no upper age limit for tandem skydiving, subject to health.
Age 16 - 17: A parental / legal guardians signature of consent is required on three forms (the centre membership form, the BPA Tandem student declaration of medical form 115A and the BPA membership agreement form 106) which will be provided upon booking.
Health & Fitness
- All tandem customers are required to sign a BPA Tandem Student Medical Declaration form 115A
- Those unable to sign the form due to medical conditions, injuries or anything listed on form115A must bring a copy of the BPA Tandem Doctors Medical Certificate Form 115B signed and stamped by their doctor instead.
Medical Conditions & Notes
We regret that certain medical conditions may prevent you from taking part in a skydive. These include epilepsy, some cardiovascular and neurological conditions, some forms of diabetes and recurring injuries.
If you have previously dislocated your shoulder/arm it is vital that you inform us and consult your doctor.
Please refer to the BPA Forms for further details.
BPA FITNESS FORMS
Only the official BPA forms should be used – letters or notes from doctors or medicals for any other activity will not be accepted.
All forms should be brought along on the day – we do not require them in advance.
Form 115b: Tandem Student Parachutists Doctors Medical
Height & Weight
The maximum weight for tandem skydiving at Hibaldstow is 16 stone (101kg) fully clothed.
The minimum weight is 7st and minimum height 4ft11.
Those who have a height and/or weight under this will require a harness fitting assessment before being approved. This can be in advance, or you can arrive 15 minutes early on the day.
There is no upper height limit, as yet we have been able to accommodate taller customers, but we advise that anyone over 6ft5 will need to fit comfortably in the harness
Body Mass Index and Wind Speeds for tandem skydiving
- Although it is less important to be physically fit for this type of skydiving activity, the ability to take part in a tandem skydive on a given day is based on wind strength and speed, and your own personal combination of age, height and weight.
- You need to be aware that not all conditions are suitable for all tandem students and, for your safety sometimes your jump may be postponed until wind conditions are more suitable. In some cases, this unfortunately may result in your skydive being rescheduled for an alternative date.
- This particularly affects those tandem students who are elderly, less agile, have limited mobility or are otherwise less physically fit as well as those with a high body mass index, particularly in females, or those close to the overall weight limit
- Please also bear in mind that it is perfectly possible that wind speeds on the day could be good and suitable for all jumpers, however it is important to be aware that the following apply:
- We advise that customers with a BMI of 30+ should be aware that they will be assessed on the day as part of the briefing process.
- We suggest that customers with a BMI of 35+ will need a wind speed of 10 knots or more.
- Unfortunately for safety reasons those with a BMI of 39+ are not able to take part in a tandem skydive.
- We hope this does not de-motivate you from taking part, but we do feel that it is important to be as honest as possible so that our customers have a realistic understanding of the complexities of such an amazing once in a lifetime opportunity and and for you to appreciate that we only have your best interests and safety in mind.
- For those with a physical disability or condition which restricts their mobility then a maximum weight limit of 12 stone applies and we are required by the British Parachute Association to conduct an assessment of each individual - please contact us for further details.
To work out your BMI :
Divide your weight in Kilograms (Kg) by your height in Metres (m).Then Divide the answer by height again to get your BMI.
Eg. If you weight 70kg and are 1.75m tall, then divide 70 by 1.75. The answer is 40. Then divide that answer 40 by 1.75 again. This equals your BMI of 22.9.
Our primary concern is for your safety and we may choose to postpone your jump if weather conditions are not suitable for a particular individual. As an experienced and professional dropzone, we hope that customers will respect our judgement.
|Prices Per Person||Anytime Tandem Skydive||Midweek Discount
Mon - Fri
|Deposit Per Person|
|1 to 4 people||£249 each||£209 each||£50|
|5 to 9 people||£219 each||£199 each||£50|
|10+ people||£204 each||£194 each||£50|
|30+ people||£199 each||£194 each||£50|
|50+ people||£194 each||£194 each||£50|
*Midweek price INCLUDES any Bank Holiday Mondays or Fridays
Video and Photo Package
Hire your own personal cameraman to film and photograph the experience of your life to keep forever! Package includes a fully edited video and digital photos given to you on USB.
The price is per person as although the cameraman can film your friends on the ground and whoever you are with inside the aircraft, they are only able to jump out with one tandem in freefall.
|Tandem Video & Photos (payable on arrival)||£99 per person|
|Tandem Video & Photos (pre-booked)||£89 per person|
When you can skydive with us
Skydive Hibaldstow is always open on Sundays and Bank Holidays
High Season June, July & August
Open 7 days a week
Mid-season April, May & September
Open 6 days a week closing on Tuesdays
Low season October - March
Open 5 days a week closing on Mondays & Tuesdays
How to book the experience of your life
Please check all the jumpers are within the restrictions:
To book online you will need
- Date of Birth
- approximate weight & height
- Contact mobile phone number & email address
- Payment of a non-refundable £50 deposit per person
If you don't know everyones details they can add to your group online themselves, just give them your group number from your confirmation!
You can book Online
- Book Online here - live availability and instant confirmation
- Phone – call and speak to one of our skydiving advisors on
01132 505 600, our team is available Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm.
Organising a group or charity event?
We understand you may need time to get everyone organised so we are happy to reserve places for groups of at least 10+ people for up to 2 weeks when deposits will need to be paid.
We can also advise on how best to organise yourselves and promote your event.
Click here for more group booking information.
Please note that whilst you are welcome to bring spectators along to watch, dogs and pets are not permitted on the airfield, so please leave your furry friends at home.
Skydive Hibaldstow is our main parachuting dropzone located in North Lincolnshire with easy access from the motorways and cities like Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield, York, Hull, Nottingham, Lincoln and Grimsby.
We have customers travelling from all over the country to experience the highest skydive in the UK at 15,000ft. Some of our jumpers have travelled from as far away as Cornwall.
Jump in the South
However if you live in the south of the country and would prefer to skydive closer to home in the London area, then we would be pleased to arrange your jump with our friends near Brackley, Northants just off the M40.
- The dropzone offers Tandem Skydives and Accelerated Freefall (AFF) training.
- Static Line Parachuting is not available at our southern location.
- All skydives are from a maximum altitude of 13,000ft.
The maximum weight restriction is 15 stone for both AFF & Tandem courses.
For the AFF course students must also be within the recommended maximum weight for their height as shown on the BPA Solo student declaration of fitness form.
Prices and Booking
|Price per Person||Deposit per person||Balance to Pay on Arrival
|AFF Level 1||£395||£65||£330|
|DVD & Photos||£100 per person payable on arrival|
How to book the experience of your life
We will need the following details for every jumper to ensure they are within the restrictions:
- Age, weight & height.
- Contact mobile phone number & email address.
- Preferred jump date and an alternative.
- Payment of a non-refundable £65 deposit.
Please note that once you have arrived at the arifield the location of your skydive cannot be changed.
- Brackley dropzone is open 6 days a week closing only on Mondays.
- You can book your Tandem Skydive on any day subject to availability.
- Accelerated Freefall training takes place weekly on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays.
Kindly note that charity skydives for the Hibaldstow associated charities are only available at our northen centre at Hibabldstow in Lincolnshire.