Tandem parachuting allows you to experience the thrill of freefall skydiving without any extensive training and is our most popular UK skydiving course.
After a short tandem briefing, you will jump harnessed to the front of a fully qualified parachuting instructor from 15,000ft. From this height, you will enjoy one whole adrenaline-fuelled minute of freefall reaching terminal velocity at 120mph.
Christmas Skydiving Gift Vouchers
We have launched our annual Skydiving Christmas Experience with discounts of up to 15% off our normal tandem skydiving voucher. Find out more below:
Why choose a Tandem Parachute Jump?
We also offer two types of 'learn to skydive' training courses – Accelerated Freefall and Static Line parachuting. No experience is required however both of these involve one full day of sky diving training before you can jump. Therefore tandem skydiving is most people's choice as their first venture into the world of parachuting.
Are you looking for a Skydiving Gift Voucher?
what Happens On the tandem skydiving course
When you book your tandem parachute jump, you will be given an arrival time for one of our sessions. Once you arrive on-site you need to register with our reception.
- During a group briefing, your Tandem Instructor will explain everything you need to know about your skydiving experience and you can ask as many questions as you like.
- Your instructor will kit you in a jumpsuit and special dual harness when its your time to jump. You will also be given headgear and goggles.
- Once you have boarded the aircraft, it takes less than 15 minutes to reach skydiving altitude and you'll be 3 miles above the dropzone.
- After leaping from the open door you'll experience up to one minute of freefall.
- The instructor opens your parachute at around 5,000ft and you then enjoy around 5 minutes under canopy taking in the spectacular views of the Lincolnshire Wolds before landing back on the dropzone.
- The spectator area is not far away, so you can head back to see your friends and family before you instructor helps you out of your kit.
- Before you leave, you will be presented with a Tandem Jump certificate to prove you were brave enough to skydive.
- If you booked our video and photo package, then this will be ready either shortly after you land, or during busy times we may post it on to you.
Your skydiving experience ideally takes only a few hours and we book staggered arrival times in order to reduce waiting times as much as possible.
Normally on a weekend you should expect to be with us at Skydive Hibaldstow for 4-5 hours and midweek 3-4 hours. However, we cannot account for weather or other delays so please do not be in a rush and allow yourself the whole day to enjoy this unique experience.
Please note that dogs are not permitted on the airfield (except guide dogs) under any circumstances so please do not bring them with you.
Tandem skydiving is designed to allow as many people as possible to enjoy freefall, however there are a few restrictions:
Customer notice : From April 2016 our governing body the British Parachute Association (BPA) has changed the policy on fitness forms for Tandem Skydivers. From 8th April 2016, two BPA Tandem Fitness forms 115 A & B have replaced the previous form 115 and the mandatory doctors medical requirement for those aged 40+ has been removed. Customers who have already had the the old form 115 will still be accepted and do not need to get the form replaced.
|Min Age||Max Age||BPA Fitness form 115B||Max Weight||Body Mass Index|
|Tandem Skydive||16 with parental consent||none||signed by doctor if unable to self-declare on form 115A||16st / 100kg||Suitable wind conditions may be required|
Minimum age is 16, with parental consent for age 16/17.
There is no upper age limit for tandem skydiving, subject to health.
Age 16 - 17: A parental / legal guardians signature of consent is required on three forms (the centre membership form, the BPA Tandem student declaration of medical form 115A and the BPA membership agreement form 106) which will be provided upon booking.
Health & Fitness
- All tandem customers are required to sign a BPA Tandem Student Medical Declaration form 115A
- Those unable to sign the form due to medical conditions, injuries or anything listed on form115A must bring a copy of the BPA Tandem Doctors Medical Certificate Form 115B signed and stamped by their doctor instead.
Medical Conditions & Notes
We regret that certain medical conditions may prevent you from taking part in a skydive. These include epilepsy, some cardiovascular and neurological conditions, some forms of diabetes and recurring injuries.
If you have previously disclocated your shoulder/arm it is vital that you inform us and consult your doctor.
Please refer to the BPA Forms for further details.
BPA FITNESS FORMS
Only the official BPA forms should be used – letters or notes from doctors or medicals for any other activity will not be accepted.
All forms should be brought along on the day – we do not require them in advance.
Form 115b: Tandem Student Parachutists Doctors Medical
Height & Weight
The maximum weight for tandem skydiving at Hibaldstow is 16 stone (approx 100kg) fully clothed.
The minimum weight is 7st and minimum height 4ft11.
Those who have a height and/or weight under this will require a harness fitting assessment before being approved. This can be in advance, or you can arrive 15 minutes early on the day.
There is no upper height limit, as yet we have been able to accommodate taller customers, but we advise that anyone over 6ft5 will need to fit comfortably in the harness
Body Mass Index and Wind Speeds for tandem skydiving
- Although it is less important to be physically fit for this type of skydiving activity, the ability to take part in a tandem skydive on a given day is based on wind strength and speed, and your own personal combination of age, height and weight.
- You need to be aware that not all conditions are suitable for all tandem students and, for your safety sometimes your jump may be postponed until wind conditions are more suitable. In some cases this unfortunately may result in your skydive being rescheduled for an alternative date.
- This particularly affects those tandem students who are elderly, less agile, have limited mobility or are otherwise less physically fit as well as those with a high body mass index, particularly in females, or those close to the overall weight limit
- Please also bear in mind that it is perfectly possible that wind speeds on the day could be good and suitable for all jumpers, however it is important to be aware that the following apply:
- We suggest that customers with a BMI of 30+ are likely to need suitable wind conditions
- We suggest that customers with a BMI of 35+ will need a wind speed of 10 knots or more.
- We hope this does not de-motivate you from taking part, but we do feel that it is important to be as honest as possible so that our customers have a realistic understanding of the complexities of such an amazing once in a lifetime opportunity and and for you to appreciate that we only have your best interests and safety in mind.
- Unfortunately for safety reasons those with a BMI of 39+ are not able to take part in a tandem skydive.
- For those with a physical disability or condition which restricts their mobility then a maximum weight limit of 12 stone applies and we are required by the British Parachute Association to conduct an assessment of each individual - please contact us for further details.
To work out your BMI :
Divide your weight in Kilograms (Kg) by your height in Metres (m).Then Divide the answer by height again to get your BMI.
Eg. If you weight 70kg and are 1.75m tall, then divide 70 by 1.75. The answer is 40. Then divide that answer 40 by 1.75 again. This equals your BMI of 22.9.
Our primary concern is for your safety and we may choose to postpone your jump if weather conditions are not suitable for a particular individual. As an experienced and professional dropzone, we hope that customers will respect our judgement.
CALL OUR RESERVATIONS TEAM TO BOOK NOW ON 01132 505600
Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm Open all the way throught until 22nd December
Don't miss out on our Gift Voucher offer - pay in full and receive 15% off our anytime tandem and 10% off our midweek tandem prices at Hibaldstow, plus add video and photos for just £85. (does not apply to group prices)
|Prices Per Person||Anytime Tandem Skydive||Midweek Discount
Mon - Fri*
|Deposit Per Person|
|1 or 2 people||£240 each||£200 each||£50|
|3 or 4 people||£225 each||£200 each||£50|
|5 to 9 people||£210 each||£190 each||£50|
|10+ people||£195 each||£185 each||£50|
|30+ people||£190 each||£185 each||£50|
|50+ people||£185 each||£185 each||£50|
*Midweek price excludes Bank Holidays
Video and Photo Package
Hire your own personal cameraman to film and photograph the experience of your life to keep forever! Package includes a fully edited video and digital photos.
The price is per person as although the cameraman can film your friends on the ground and whoever you are with inside the aircraft, they are only able to jump out with one tandem in freefall.
|Tandem Video & Photos (payable on arrival)||£95 per person|
|Tandem Video & Photos (pre-booked)||£90 per person|
|Tandem Video & Photos Deposit (balance of £70 payable on arrival)||£20 per person|
When you can skydive with us
2016 and 2017 opening
Skydive Hibaldstow is always open on Sundays and Bank Holidays
High Season June, July & August
Open 7 days a week
Mid-season April, May & September
Open 6 days a week closing on Tuesdays
Low season October - March
Open 5 days a week closing on Mondays & Tuesdays
Airfield Christmas Closing from Monday 12th December 2016 - Friday 6th January 2017.
SKydive Hibaldstow re-opens Saturday 7th January 2017.
Our Reservations Office will be open for bookings until Friday 23rd December 2016, re-opening on Tuesday 3rd January 2017
How to book the experience of your life
We will need the following details for every jumper to ensure they are within the restrictions:
- Age, weight & height
- Contact mobile phone number & email address
- Preferred jump date and an alternative date
- Payment of a non-refundable £50 deposit (or £70 with video)
You can book by
- Phone – call and speak to one of our skydiving advisors on
01132 505 600.
- Online here and your payment will be securely processed.
- Email – your details to our Reservations Office firstname.lastname@example.org and we can send you a pay link to securely process your payment.
- Our reservations team is available Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Organising a group or charity event?
We understand you may need time to get everyone organised so we are happy to reserve places for groups of 10 or more for up to 2 weeks when deposits will need to be paid.
We can also advise on how best to organise yourselves and promote your event.
Click here for more group booking information.
Please note that whilst you are welcome to