Weekend Tandem Availability
You can check upcoming weekend availability for tandem jumps below or contact us for later dates or midweek places.
We usually have good availability midweek and are currently open for jumping 6 days a week, closing on Tuesdays.
Our Reservations Office is open Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm. Call us now 01132 505600
(below correct 26/08/2016)
|Sat 20 Aug||FULL|
|Sun 21 Aug||FULL|
|Sat 27 Aug||FULL|
|Sun 28 Aug||FULL|
|Mon 29 Aug||FULL|
|Sat 3 Sep||FULL|
|Sun 4 Sep||Limited|
|Sat 10 Sep||Good|
|Sun 11 Sep||Good|
|Sat 17 Sep||Limited|
|Sun 18 Sep||Limited|
|Sat 24 Sep||FULL|
|Sun 25 Sept||FULL|
|Sat 1 Oct||Good|
|Sun 2 Oct||Good|
Charity Tandem Skydiving
Charity Parachuting Information
Tandem skydiving provides the experience of a lifetime and is great way to raise funds for a good cause at the same time. Plus if you raise enough sponsorship your charity jump could be for free.
It takes just 20 minutes to be briefed for your course and then you will jump harnessed to the front of a fully BPA qualified Tandem Parachuting Instructor and experience the thrill of 120mph freefall.
For more information on the Tandem Parachute Course click here.
How does a charity skydive work?
All it takes is a bit of time and effort to fundraise. There are two options when it comes to doing a sponsored skydive:
- Most charities will allow the cost of the sky dive to be covered using up to 50% of the sponsorship money, however a minimum amount of at least twice the cost of the tandem skydive should be raised.
- You can pay for the skydive yourself, and then the minimum fundraising target is usually halved.
It is important to recognise that although it seems you are skydiving for free, the tandem parachute jump is being paid for by the charity and the people supporting your cause, so you should try to raise as much as possible over the minimum target.
It is also important that you contact your chosen charity and agree the use of funds and the minimum sponsorship required with them directly
Can I choose my own charity?
Skydive Hibaldstow has links to several local charities with whom we already have agreements however we understand that you might want to choose a charity close to your heart. You are welcome to skydive for any charitable cause but you do need to agree the use of funds with them directly.
By booking directly with the dropzone and not through an agency all the funds raised only go two ways – to cover the cost of your charity tandem skydive and to the charity itself.
If you are fundraising for a charity of your own choice then please note our targets are recommendations and you must contact the charity and agree the use of funds directly with them.
Take a look below and see all the great charities that we work with, or click on the 'dates' tab to see a list of dates booked in for the 2016 season. You can do a sponsored skydive for them anytime, or choose one of the dates listed on the calendar.
When you can skydive with us
Tandem parachute jumps can be booked on any day subject to availability.
- Skydive Hibaldstow is open on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
- Low season October to March : Open 5 days a week, closed Mon & Tues.
- Mid-season April, May & September : Open 6 days a week, closed Tuesdays.
- High season June, July & August : Open 7 days a week
Charity Jump Calendar
You can do a sponsored skydive on any date that Skydive Hibaldstow is open (subject to availability). However, many charities and individuals have reserved places for their charity skydiving events, so why not join them if you are unsure of who to fundraise for.
Please note - that these events do not mean that we are fully booked. Skydive Hibaldstow has plenty of capacity especially in the summer months when the days are longer and can deal with several groups per day. Please contact us to check availability.
Skydive Hibaldstow Charities
We are pleased to be working directly with the following charities for whom you can jump on any day, or choose to take part in one of their special event dates.
Each charity works a little differently so please click on the charity name below to see more info on how each one works. Organised charity skydives are only available at our main dropzine in North Lincolnshire.
Find Us On Facebook
Join our new Charity Skydiving at Hibaldstow facebook page and post your photos, stories or how much you have fundraised and join our sponsored skydives here
Dates for 2016
Click here for past charity events held at Skydive Hibaldstow.
Tandem skydiving is designed to allow as many people as possible to enjoy freefall, however there are a few restrictions:
Customer notice : From April 2016 our governing body the British Parachute Association (BPA) has changed the policy on fitness forms for Tandem Skydivers. From 8th April 2016, two BPA Tandem Fitness forms 115 A & B have replaced the previous form 115 and the mandatory doctors medical requirement for those aged 40+ has been removed. Customers who have already had the the old form 115 will still be accepted and do not need to get the form replaced.
|Min Age||Max Age||BPA Fitness form 115B||Max Weight||Body Mass Index|
|Tandem Skydive||16 with parental consent||none||signed by doctor if unable to self-declare on form 115A||16st / 100kg||Suitable wind conditions may be required|
Height & Weight
The maximum weight for tandem skydiving at Hibaldstow is 16 stone (approx 100kg) fully clothed.
The minimum weight is 7st and minimum height 4ft11.
Those who have a height and/or weight under this will require a harness fitting assessment before being approved. This can be in advance, or you can arrive 15 minutes early on the day.
There is no upper height limit, as yet we have been able to accommodate taller customers, but we advise that anyone over 6ft5 will need to fit comfortably in the harness
Body Mass Index and Wind Speeds for tandem skydiving
- Although it is less important to be physically fit for this type of skydiving activity, the ability to take part in a tandem skydive on a given day is based on wind strength and speed, and your own personal combination of age, height and weight.
- You need to be aware that not all conditions are suitable for all tandem students and, for your safety sometimes your jump may be postponed until wind conditions are more suitable. In some cases this unfortunately may result in your skydive being rescheduled for an alternative date.
- This particularly affects those tandem students who are elderly, less agile, have limited mobility or are otherwise less physically fit as well as those with a high body mass index, particularly in females, or those close to the overall weight limit
- Please also bear in mind that it is perfectly possible that wind speeds on the day could be good and suitable for all jumpers, however it is important to be aware that the following apply:
- We suggest that customers with a BMI of 30+ are likely to need suitable wind conditions
- We suggest that customers with a BMI of 35+ will need a wind speed of 10 knots or more.
- We hope this does not de-motivate you from taking part, but we do feel that it is important to be as honest as possible so that our customers have a realistic understanding of the complexities of such an amazing once in a lifetime opportunity and and for you to appreciate that we only have your best interests and safety in mind.
- Unfortunately for safety reasons those with a BMI of 39+ are not able to take part in a tandem skydive.
- For those with a physical disability or condition which restricts their mobility then a maximum weight limit of 12 stone applies and we are required by the British Parachute Association to conduct an assessment of each individual - please contact us for further details.
To work out your BMI :
Divide your weight in Kilograms (Kg) by your height in Metres (m).Then Divide the answer by height again to get your BMI.
Eg. If you weight 70kg and are 1.75m tall, then divide 70 by 1.75. The answer is 40. Then divide that answer 40 by 1.75 again. This equals your BMI of 22.9.
Minimum age is 16, with parental consent for age 16/17.
There is no upper age limit for tandem skydiving, subject to health.
Age 16 - 17: A parental / legal guardians signature of consent is required on three forms (the centre membership form, the BPA Tandem student declaration of medical form 115A and the BPA membership agreement form 106) which will be provided upon booking.
Health & Fitness
- All tandem customers are required to sign a BPA Tandem Student Medical Declaration form 115A
- Those unable to sign the form due to medical conditions, injuries or anything listed on form115A must bring a copy of the BPA Tandem Doctors Medical Certificate Form 115B signed and stamped by their doctor instead.
Medical Conditions & Notes
We regret that certain medical conditions may prevent you from taking part in a skydive. These include epilepsy, some cardiovascular and neurological conditions, some forms of diabetes and recurring injuries. Pleaser refer to the BPA Forms for further details.
BPA FITNESS FORMS
Only the official BPA forms should be used – letters or notes from doctors or medicals for any other activity will not be accepted.
All forms should be brought along on the day – we do not require them in advance.
Form 115b: Tandem Student Parachutists Doctors Medical
Our primary concern is for your safety and we may choose to postpone your jump if weather conditions are not suitable for a particular individual. As an experienced and professional dropzone, we hope that customers will respect our judgement.
The minimum raise targets below are recommendations and you must agree the use of funds directly with charity for which you are raising. Kindly note, all prices are per person.
|Prices per person|
|No in group (Hibaldstow)||Total minimum to raise||Deposit in advance||Balance on arrival||Minimum sponsorship to give to charity|
|1 or 2 people||£480||£50||£190||£240|
|3 or 4 people||£450||£50||£175||£225|
|5 to 9 people||£420||£50||£160||£210|
|10 to 29 people||£390||£50||£145||£195|
|30 to 49 people||£380||£50||£140||£190|
|For larger groups, please contact us. Additional discounts apply for mid-week jumps Monday - Friday (excluding bank holidays)|
Special Discounts for Hibaldstow Charities
Skydive Hibaldstow is pleased to support the charities listed on the main page. If you fund raise for them, then we offer a special discounted price of £200 per person for the anytime tandem skydive. Sponsorship targets and deposit amounts vary according to the charity so please check their specific page for details.
If you are enquiring on behalf of a charitable organisation not listed, then please contact us to find out more about organising a special event of your own.
Kindly note, we only offer organised charity skydives at our Northern parachute centre at Hibaldstow in Lincolnshire.
How to Book
Hibaldstow Charity Jumps
If you would like to skydive in aid of one of Hibaldstows associated charities then please see the specific web page for that charity which provides downloadable booking information and registration forms. if you would prefer a copy of this information by post or email then please just get in touch.
Kindly note, we only offer our organised sponsored skydives for our associated charities at our Northern centre in Hibaldstow, Lincolnshire.
Skydiving For A Charity Of Your Own Choice
To jump in aid of a cause of your own choice, you simply need to reserve a place on your chosen date and ensure you contact the charity for their approval and to obtain a fundraising pack.
We will need the following details for every jumper to ensure they are within the restrictions:
- Age, weight & height
- Contact mobile phone number & email address
- Preferred jump date and an alternative
- Payment of a non-refundable £50 deposit.
If you are organising a group event click here - Group Tandem Event.
You can book by
Phone: Just call and speak to one of our skydiving advisors on 01132 505 600
Online: Book online using your debit or credit card.
Email: Your info to our Booking Office email@example.com and we can call you back or send you a secure pay link by return email.
- Start fundraising! Ensure you contact the charity to register your event and obtain official sponsorship forms so they can claim GiftAid.
You must get approval if you plan to cover the cost with sponsorship money.
- You can also register to fundraise online using websites like JustGiving and VirginMoney.
- On the day of your jump, you will need to pay the balance of £190 (or less for groups) for the skydive at the airfield. Kindly note that this amount can only be paid in cash or by debit or credit card. Funds raised online cannot be used to pay for this (unless you make prior arrangements with the charity).
- Arrange to send at least the remaining minimum sponsorship to your chosen charity within the timeframe they have specified if you have not already raised enough online.